At Aqua Vitae, we know there is no ‘one size fits all’ medication for female sexual dysfunction. Drug companies have long tried to make a drug that can enhance a woman’s libido. We use an integrated approach to optimize your overall sexual and hormonal well being so you can get back to experience the desire you once had.
Some of the things that can lower a women’s sex drive include:
- Physical issues, including hormonal changes related to menopause or childbirth, or thyroid problems.
- Chronic stress, including in your relationship.
- Depression or other mental health issues.
- Some prescription drugs may also affect libido, including some types of antidepressants, birth control pills, anti-anxiety drugs, and blood pressure medications.
If you need medication, doctors may consider prescribing:
- Estrogen skin creams, which can help if vaginal dryness makes sex painful. This typically happens when estrogen levels fall due to menopause or breastfeeding. Estrogen also comes in other forms, such as a tablet or skin patch.
- Testosterone and other androgens decline as women age. These hormones may play a role in sexual function in women just like they do in men. In women with low libido just before, during, or after menopause, or in women who’ve had surgery to remove their ovaries, some experts suggest the use of testosterone treatment.
- The O-shot that uses growth factors in the platelet rich plasma to rejuvenate the vagina. The growth factors in the PRP activate localized stem cells. The stem cells in turn stimulate and rejuvenate the clitoris, which helps to provide vaginal lubrication and repair the vaginal wall.
- Juliet Laser Vaginal Revitalization penetrates the sub-mucosa it triggers skin renewal and collagen formation. New collagen formation restores thickness and lubrication thus transforming the vaginal wall to an optimal level. This has been shown to make sex more enjoyable for women.